Check, correct, comply: Advertising – fix it or be fined! (M)
Purchase Now: Member price FREE I Non-Member price $38
Presenter: Antony Nicholas
This webinar will explain AHPRA’s risk-based approach to regulating advertising compliance and enforcement. Antony will summarise an osteopath’s advertising obligations using common examples of non-compliance, as well as best-practice recommendations to correct breaches and comply with The National Law.
Topics covered include:
- What is considered advertising?
- What is a false or misleading claim?
- Gifts, discounts and promotions
- What is unreasonable expectation?
- Words to be wary about
- What to do if you are being audited or receive a notice of complaint
- Increased risk of ending up in front of a conduct hearing based on advertising.
- Resources available to help you.
- Recording time spent assessing your advertising as CPD
Antony has been the Chief Executive of Osteopathy Australia for ten years. He works closely with AHPRA and other critical stakeholders, like other professional associations or government departments to continually lobby for osteopaths’ rights. He is also a Director on the Allied Health Professions Australia’s Board (a peak alliance of 22 allied health professions) since 2011 and a Board Director of the Osteopathic International Alliance. Antony has a diverse career background in lobbying, policy development, health promotion, health-consumer rights, education and dispute resolution, mainly within the not-for-profit sector.